We’re excited you’re working with a Believer. We’ll show you how to move a Believer, who needs to be fed, to become a Disciple who feeds themselves. We promise that if you use STAGES in the way it’s intended, you’ll produce Disciple Makers. What’s a Believer? Click here for how we define Believer and other FAQs. Once you’re comfortable with the definition, start the following steps:
MAKE SURE THE PERSON YOU ARE WORKING WITH HAS FILLED OUT THE STAGES ONLINE ASSESSMENT FORM. The assessment will help you understand where they are and what you need to do to help them. Find the form here.
HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT GROWTH RHYTHMS. Not sure what those are? Growth Rhythms are the regular practices of growing Christians that you’ll want to encourage. Download the Growth Rhythms Guide here.
GET STARTED WORKING ON DIFFERENT GROWTH AREAS. Choose a lesson below, print it out and read it together. Use our Meet-Up guide to help you organize your time.
THINGS TO KNOW
- FIRST STEPS (FOR NEW BELIEVERS) PART 1, PART 2, PART 3, PART 4, PART 5
- ALTERNATIVE: THE COMMANDS OF CHRIST (adopted from Jeff Sundell’s material)
- REPENT & BELIEVE PART 1, PART 2
- REVIEW THE BIG STORY
- GETTING TO KNOW GOD
- VALUING THE BIBLE PART 1, PART 2
- HOW TO PRAY, SIMPLE METHOD
- HOW TO READ THE BIBLE USING S.O.A.P OR S.P.E.C.K.A.
- IDENTITY RECOVERY PART 1, PART 2
- THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNITY
THINGS TO FEEL
- ENJOYING FORGIVENESS
- WONDER AT ADOPTION
- GRATEFUL AND CHILDLIKE
- HUNGRY TO FEED
- SENSITIVE TO SIN
- EXCITED TO SHARE
THINGS TO DO
- CONFESS AND REPENT OF SIN
- SHARE YOUR STORY
- SHARE GOD’S STORY
- BE BAPTIZED
- BE IN COMMUNITY
- READ YOUR BIBLE
Remember to use a Meet-Up Guide to help you organize your time no matter which topic you choose. If you get done with all the material above but still want to spend time working on this stage , check out these extra resources and suggestions.